Date/Time: March 2-3 ; 8:30-4:30
Location: Hotel Burbank - CA
Discounts for Early (Feb 7) and two + registrations
This International HACCP Alliance (IHA) approved course guides you in identifying and controlling potential hazards in your production process. Attendees participate in interactive exercises and gain practical knowledge to comply with industry and regulatory requirements.
Food safety prerequisites, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are reviewed prior to learning the HACCP principles. We will also compare HACCP to FSMA’s Preventive Controls Rule.
Special Add-on: Corrective Actions in-depth. Learn how to correctly write corrective actions, update your HACCP plan and manage the procedures needing attention.
· Workbook: for in-class use
· Take home support tools: resources and templates
· Certificate: Upon completion, participants are awarded an International HACCP Alliance (IHA) approved Certificate of Completion.
· If classroom training, coffee and lunch are included.
Who should attend: Managers, supervisors, HACCP team members, Quality Assurance and Control personnel.
Industries: food manufacturers, processors, distributors, grower/packing operations.
Prerequisite: none, but GMPs (good manufacturing practices) knowledge is recommended.
Agenda – 16 hours (as required by GFSI programs) including breaks
1. Introduction to Food Safety: HACCP and FSMA
2. Hazards in Food
3. Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
4. Implementing HACCP: Preliminary Steps, The 7 Principles
· Preliminary Steps
· Principle 1 – Conducting the Hazard Analysis
· Principle 2 – Identifying Critical Control Points
· Principles 3, 4, 5 – Identifying Critical Limits, Monitoring, and Corrective Actions
· Principles 6 and 7 – Verifying and Documenting Your HACCP Plan and Records
· Implementing and maintaining the HACCP Plan
5. Corrective Actions – deep dive (new)
6. HACCP Review
Satisfy training requirements for Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards such as PrimusGFS, BRCGS, and SQF. Meets current FDA Food Code Standards.
Benefits of a HACCP Training for your Team:
Policy for Cancellation, Substitution, Postponement - see here
Contact us with questions or for Private training
Your instructor: Ingrid Peñuela
Food Safety and Quality Consultant, Trainer, and Auditor
Ingrid has over 25 years’ training customers in food safety programs and developing their safety and quality assurance programs. She is well versed in both processing and produce operations and is fluent in English and Spanish. Ingrid works with management and employees to empower your team to move forward confidently.
" Expert food safety training and consulting for certification success!"- John Ybarra Los Angeles, CA
“The attendees were from a variety of industries and experiences, which benefited us all. Ingrid is a very skillful instructor; patient and willing to engage in discussion until the concept is understood." Charlie Kay, CFO, Heath and Lejeune (produce distribution and storage)