Based in LA, Ingrid Peñuela founded Applied Food Safety Solutions to provide food safety training, consulting and audit support for her valued customers.
Ingrid is well versed in processing, distribution, produce/packhouse and restaurant operations. She has successfully supported clients' regulatory (USDA/FDA) inspections and third-party food safety audits (GMP, HACCP, SQF, BRCGS, PrimusGFS, GLOBALG.A.P., ISO 9001) to meet buyer requirements.
Her early career involved regulatory auditing and facility manufacturing - 20 years experience working on both sides of an audit provides valuable insights. Ingrid is fluent in Spanish, allowing her to properly train Spanish speaking employees and write food safety programs in Spanish. She can partner with you and your team to support your objectives.
Ingrid has extensive expertise in produce packing operations. On the manufacturing and packaging side, she has developed and restructured Quality Assurance departments. Her strengths include writing, implementing and maintaining food safety programs, and preparing companies for third party food safety certification audits. Additional knowledge includes Visual Factory Management and Process Control and import/export.
APPLIED FOOD SAFETY SOLUTIONS℠ – LOS ANGELES, CA
TECHNICAL SKILLS & TRAINING
• ISO 22000 Auditor/ Lead Auditor (FSMS) by the Kelmac Group
• International HACCP Alliance Train the Trainer by GMA & International HACCP Alliance
• FSMA Lead Instructor, FSPCA approved: Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI), Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP), PSA Grower Training (Produce Safety Rule)
• SQF Trainer training by SQF Institute • BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Sites training by SCS
• PrimusGFS by Primus Labs
• GLOBALG.A.P. Harmonized Produce Standard (HPSS) by United Fresh ServSafe Certified Instructor and Proctor
• OSHA (10 hr. Safety Certified), CPR/First Responder Certified, FEMA Certified
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) – Santa Clarita
American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) Soccer Coach
NAMI Family to Family Facilitator (San Fernando and Santa Clarita Chapter)
EDUCATION - Masters in Planning (MPL), University of Southern California 1998 BS; Environmental and Occupational Health, California State University, Northridge 1993